The whole area teams with places to go, whether you want to Walk, Cycle or Drive there is plenty to do here is a few:
- 18 Miles Ancient walled City of York straight down the A19 approx 35 Minutes
- 3 Miles Market Town of Thirsk- with James Herriott Musuem
- 6 Miles White Horse, Kilburn. Sutton Bank. www.yorkshire-guide.co.uk
- 13 miles Helmsley Lovely market town - with Castle www.english-heritage.org.uk Castle Howard. www.castlehoward.co.uk
- 12 Miles Sion Hill Hall & Birds of Prey Centre www.falconrycentre.co.uk Kirby Wiske, Thirsk North Yorkshire. YO7 4EU Tel. +44 (0) 1845 587206 Fax. +44 (0) 1845 587486 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Visits inside the hall by booking only.
- 20 Miles Harrogate. Ripley (Castle).
Places to eat and drink
Next door to the tackle shop is the Oaks Lakes Cafe which is open everyday, serving Cooked Breakfasts, Bacon Sandwiches, Panini's, Soups, Home made Cakes, Ice Creams and Hot and Cold Drinks.- If you require Milk, Local Farm Eggs, Bread or a Newspaper we can stock these at the cafe which you can collect on arrival.
We have the current number one Trip Adviser Restaurant/Pub in the Thirsk area which has a lovely large beer garden and excellent food which is easy to walk too and approximately 1 mile from The Oaks Lakes - The Moor & Pheasant Tel: 01845 577756.Book Online »