The whole area teams with places to go, whether you want to Walk, Cycle or Drive there is plenty to do here is a few:
- 18 Miles Ancient walled City of York straight down the A19 approx 35 Minutes
- 3 Miles Market Town of Thirsk- with James Herriott Musuem
- 6 Miles White Horse, Kilburn. Sutton Bank. www.yorkshire-guide.co.uk
- Sutton Bank Cycle tracks.
- 13 miles Helmsley Lovely market town - with Castle www.english-heritage.org.uk Castle Howard. www.castlehoward.co.uk
- 12 Miles Sion Hill Hall & Birds of Prey Centre www.falconrycentre.co.uk Kirby Wiske, Thirsk North Yorkshire. YO7 4EU Tel. +44 (0) 1845 587206 Fax. +44 (0) 1845 587486 E-mail:email@example.com Visits inside the hall by booking only.
- 20 Miles Harrogate. Ripley (Castle).
Places to Eat and Drink
In the centre on the fishery there is The Oaks Lakes Cafe which is open everyday, serving Cooked Breakfasts, Bacon Sandwiches, Soups, Home made Cakes, Ice Creams and Hot and Cold Drinks.
The nearest pub to site is The Jolly Farmer in Dalton.
We also recommend The Carlton Inn, The Oaks Tree in Helperby, The Crab and Lobster - Asenby.
3 Miles away in Topcliffe there is a Post Office selling a good selection of basic food and essentials opposite which there is also a village/farm shop.